Friday, November 26, 2010

Giving Thanks On Thanksgiving In Houghton Lake

The time of the harvest is complete for another year. The deer season is almost at an end. My pond hopper 2 man boat is waiting to be put away until spring. A light dusting of snow warns us of what is soon to come. It's Thanksgiving, a time for gathering together with family and friends to indulge ourselves in the bounty of our mother earth and to give thanks for what we have.
I have almost everything I need and I want for very little. I am thankful for the kindness that others have shown me. I am thankful for family and friends who overlook my faults and love me unconditionally. I thank my maker for my reasonably good health and the talents and gifts that I have been blessed with.  I am thankful for the good fishing I have had this season. I am thankful for this home.
I'll be writing soon about Tip Up Town USA. The snowmobile season is almost upon us. Sledding and cross country skiing and of course, ice fishing. I'm also thankful for my 1 follower, thanks Mike.

Also a special prayer for my niece Lisa.

Until next time, stay safe, stay warm, stay well,

Ken Stephenson

No comments:

Post a Comment