Winterfest in Higgins Lake, Michigan is the other winter festival, held at the North Higgins Lake State Park and various other locations. This is a great family festival.
Snowmobile Radar Run: Begins at the NHLSP and follows clues to different locations. Enty fee is $10. For more info contact Higgins Lake-Roscommon County Chamber of Commerce.
The Cardboard Classic featuring sleds of various designs. Come and cheer for your favorite to make it all the way down the hill. Designs from the past have included boats, tanks, Hummers, a tea cup and saucer and the list goes on, limited only by the imagination. All entries must be cardboard, tape and paint only. Preregistration is required for entering the competition. For more info contact Higgins Lake-Roscommon County Chamber of Commerce. Or call 989-275-8760
Pioneer Hill is across from Pioneer Hills Marine just off County 100 on North Cut Rd.
Schedule for 2011.
February 18th kickoff:
- Timbers Restaurant with live music and dinner specials.
- Fred's in Roscommon will have Cosmic bowling beginning at 9:30 p.m.($1 per game ~ $1 for shoes) drink and dinner specials.
February 19th events include:
- Pancake breakfast at Timbers Restaurant 8:00am - 10:00 a.m.
- Higgins Lake fishing derby 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. NHLSP
- Snowmobile Radar Run ($10 registration) 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. NHLSP
- Crazy Cardboard Classic Downhill Run on Pioneer Hill 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (my favorite)
- Chili cook-off at the RAM Center 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Hot dog lunch 12:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Broomball competition begins at 1:00 p.m. and an awards celebration. NHLSP
- Kid’s carnival games, horse drawn sleigh rides, snowman building contest, box hockey and ice slide.
NHLSP = North Higgins Lake State Park. To check times and locations call 989-275-8760.
So if you enjoy Tip Up Town, USA or you missed it, or you just have cabin fever. Come and check out the Winterfest at Higgins Lake on February 18 & 19, 2011.
$5 badge is required for admission to events. Children under 5 are free when accompanied by adult with a badge.
Stay safe, stay warm and have fun,