Thursday, June 9, 2011

Houghton Lake Fishing: How to cast a Baitcaster Reel

Fishing has been a little slow due to the hot weather and the hatching of the fish flies. Fish are gorging on the bugs and ignoring much of the other types of bait.

So with the extra time on my hands I decided to practice my casting. (It was that or due some housework)

Like many of you I have been plagued by the curse of the "baitcaster reel". Recently I came across a video that helped me by explaining how to properly set up the reel. So before you throw away your baitcaster reel, check this out you'll be glad you did:












Here's another helpful video. It's a neat trick for clearing backlashes:


I hope these instructional videos will help you as much as they've helped me.

Good Luck,

Ken S

No comments:

Post a Comment